TWO MRS. MORHARDS


My new book Mrs. Morhard and the Boys is about the remarkable Mrs. Josephine Morhard, who created the first organized boys' baseball leagues in the midst of the Great Depression. Her achievement and her approach to boys' baseball were unique. To her baseball was more than a game. It was a tool to help boys grow up right, and she had distinct ideas on how to do just that. Josephine Morhard was the mother-in-law I barely knew.

Decades later I found myself working on a project to help boys grow up right. It was the Boys' Project of Starting Point, a nonprofit early education agency. Using the latest research, I wrote Wired to Move, a practical nonfiction book on how boys' brains work and how teachers and parents can use that understanding to help them become their best. I found that many of Josephine Morhard's Morhard's ideas stood the test of time.

This blog combines the old and the new--ways to nurture young boys (and girls) along with some inspiring stories we think you'll like.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REAL LIFE HEROES!

BOYS NEED TO MOVE TO LEARN